Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Day 213

Monday, April 3, 2017


Places/Activities: We hung out at the house this morning. I was going to visit a friend and her new baby, but sadly the baby wasn't feeling well so we will reschedule. D has been having trouble with getting reception in her office, so I purchased a wifi extender and set that up for her this morning. She was quite excited with the new Internet speed in the office now. I'm glad that she'll be able to work more efficiently. It's amazing how much we rely on technology to function in order to do our jobs! Or just to use for social communication for that matter.

Speaking of technology, I finally got around to uploading a video my students put together for me up to YouTube. I'd like to create a little series of Draw & Tell movies for teachers to use with kids. I'm thinking it might be a fun project to post some directions to go along with the videos so that they could be printed and used by teachers, parents, storytellers, and librarians. Just a thought. What do you think? Would you want something like this? If yes, I'd love some ideas to try!

This morning the weather was warm and sunny (though a little windy at times). The twins and I got out and took a nice 3.5 mile walk. Bear fell asleep but Puff didn't want to miss anything. I was a little concerned that they might not take a nap this afternoon because they didn't get as much exercise since they were in their stroller this morning. However, that wasn't the case. The fresh air must have tuckered them out since I had to go in and wake them up at 4:15pm. Good grief!







Reading: Today I finished reading Hacked: A Radical Approach to Hacker Culture and Crime by Kevin F. Steinmetz. I'll be honest, sometimes I feel like my taste in books exceeds my realm of
understanding... I mean, I understood most of what the author was saying, but because I wasn't "loving" it, I felt like I missed some of the point... Or maybe research writing just isn't something I should try picking up again for "fun." Want to hear something ironic? I actually finished reading this book while sitting in the Gadget Guru store while they fixed my iPhone screen (it shattered when I dropped it earlier today to take a picture of Bear sleeping in the stroller). Anyway, as I was reading the book, I kept wondering if the Gadget Guru people were going through my phone. But then it dawned on me... why would anyone want to look through my phone? To see the thousands of pictures of my kids (which I should probably clean out again anyway) or to look at my endless lists? Yeah, I'm pretty sure no one cares.

Recipes: So, this afternoon I used my horseradish dip from my Penzey's order and it was SO good. Which is kind of amazing, because I didn't even let it sit. I know by tomorrow, it will be even more fabulous. This afternoon I got sidetracked with getting my broken phone repaired, so the chicken I cooked in the crockpot will likely be dinner for tomorrow night instead. D got a whole raw chicken from the store. I cut a yellow onion in half and placed it in the bottom of the crockpot, along with three large carrots (peeled and cut into large chunks), and a couple of small uncooked red potatoes that we had left over from a other meal. I rinsed and patted the chicken dry and set it on top of the vegetables. Now here's the best part... I used my new Foxpoint AND Tuscan seasonings mixed with a little onion powder and salt, and rubbed it into the chicken. I stuck in on high and left it alone for 4 hours! Then, all done, delicious, and read to eat!

Random Thoughts: So, a couple of years ago a friend of mine sent me a link for this thing called a Saddle Baby. It looked pretty cool. I kind of forgot all about it. However, it seems that whenever we go for a walk as of late, Bear likes to ride up on my shoulders, pointing to everything we pass along the way. He has always liked to be carried and to sit up high so he can see everything. I'm very tempted to get one, but would prefer to try it out first. Does anyone own one of these things that I could borrow (see image below)? It seems like such a cool concept, and not a terrible price considering how much kid carriers and car seats cost! Also, I'm wondering if my friend is going to purchase one now that she has a little one at home. Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment