Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Day 282

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Places/Activities: Honestly, we've been so busy since Thursday that I haven't had much time to sit and relax and write the blog. Today is Monday, and we finally have some "down" time so I can write a little about yesterday. The twins are happily emptying out every. single. toy from their toy box, so I have a few moments to sit and type on my computer while occasionally looking up to make sure they aren't getting into too much trouble.

The day started off well. After some meltdowns before we went to the Colonial Market Fair at Banneker Park yesterday, Squeak woke up, put on a smile, made her bed, got washed and dressed, and was ready to start the day. This made the day start off so smoothly. Fingers crossed this behavior continues!

Today we got up and went to the zoo to have a meet up with 3 other twin mamas and their families. It was a lovely time - though I think Puff was the only super unhappy camper (please let these molars come in soon so we can be done with teething). These mamas traveled all the way from New York and Connecticut to visit with us at the Maryland Zoo. I feel pretty blessed and it was wonderful to have them be able to come down and visit. Next time, I'll be the one to pack up the kids and head up north! It just goes to show that friends can be made anywhere and from all walks of life. After we came home, the twins took a nap and Squeak and I left to go exploring while D washed her car and got in a workout. Squeak and I explored Historic Ellicott City as part of a Passport activity for summer. It was fabulous! She has asked me to read her the passport guide SO many times since getting it last Thursday. She is really into learning about historic places. I hope she continues to love history as she gets older. It took me a REALLY long time before I began to appreciate history, so seeing such an eagerness to learn in one so young is really encouraging. We learned about lots of neat stuff. I'll likely be posting another blog entry about that soon for fun summer activities just for those local to Howard County. I love being able to learn new things alongside Squeak! We were pretty tuckered when we got home and enjoyed an evening outside at the kiddie pool. D and I put our feet up while watching the littles play and splash in the little pool on the deck. Such a gorgeous day. I didn't want it to end.








Patapsco Female Institute. We got a free tour!

Patapsco Female Institute - inside.

Thomas Isaac Cabin - we pass by it all the time. Today we got to go inside!

Good Deeds: No good deeds today, other than making a purchase to support the Howard County Historical Society. I don't think I've ever spend so much on a coloring book before, but it was for a good cause and Squeak was excited to get it!

Reading:I'm almost finished my 82nd book, Jess, Chunk, and the Road Trip to Infinity by Kristin Elizabeth Clark. Click here if you want to see all the books I've read so far this year. It's pretty good, and I'm glad that I'm going to be getting in some YA reading before I return to work in the Fall! I need books to recommend to my kids!


Recipes: After we put the babies down for naps and before Squeak and I went exploring, I put together this Beef and Broccoli recipe from New Leaf Wellness for the crockpot. Holy smokes, did it turn out fabulously!! We loved it! Squeak even ate the meat (which is a total shocker). I think next time I might hold back a bit of the broccoli and wait until closer to the end to put that in - the kids weren't as fond of the broccoli this "cooked," but D and I LOVED it! Honestly, I think this beef and broccoli recipe was even better than what we've had from Chinese restaurants! I will definitely be making this again soon!
Random Thoughts: It's difficult to comprehend that my babies are closer now to two than to one and my oldest baby is almost five... I was holding Puff at bedtime tonight and she gets so snuggly now. For being one so strong willed and demanding, she is also the sweetest. She wraps her arms around my neck and rests her head to the side while I sing to her. When I'm done singing, I whisper sweet thoughts to her, and she mumbles sweet nothings in response. I've been taking a mental note so that I don't forget these wonderful times. I know they are numbered. D and I alternate putting the twins to bed so we each get our snuggle time with them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment