Monday, April 3, 2017

Day 211

Saturday, April 1, 2017


Places/Activities:A busy day today! This morning Squeak and I left D with the babies and went to Home Depot for the monthly workshop. Squeak was so excited because her best girl friend was there to meet us. There isn't anything cuter than to see two four year olds chit chatting while doing a craft together. Squeak loves the painting part best, but I was impressed to see how much her hammering is improving. As our friends were leaving, more friends arrived, this time Squeak's best friend from school. You would think that she hadn't seen him in over a year with as much as they hugged and jumped up and down! I hope she is always this excited to see her friends. After the workshop (they made a super cute bunny basket) we headed home so I could get ready for a bridal shower. One of my cousins will be getting married at the end of the month. The shower was lovely, and the soon to be bride was beautiful, gracious, and kind. If Squeak were there she would have likely said that she was a princess. One of my other cousins got married a year ago this past December and she gave us a copy of one of the pictures taken at the wedding with all of our family together. It's a fan favorite among the children. Bear likes to carry the frame around the house, Puff likes to point to the people and call them by name (especially her Papa), and Riley thinks my cousin is a princess and has frequently asked when she will be getting married again. "Hopefully never!" is always my response. Though I'm hoping maybe at some point someone I know will have a destination wedding. Hint, hint to those of you reading out there!!

Reading:I've barely started the book, Hacked: A Radical Approach to Hacker Culture and Crime by Kevin F. Steinmetz. I have reached my limit on renewals for about 5 of the books I have out, so I'll need to get moving on reading again! It's hard to find the time with this class I'm teaching. Which then brings me back to the sad realization that this will likely be the last time I'll be able to read 100 books in a year for a long time (provided I even reach my goal). I think I'll aim for 50 and see what I can achieve this next year!

Recipes: D had dinner on the table when I got home from the shower, but I was too full from eating such a late lunch. I can see why people get so overwhelmed with cooking/meal planning. It's SO time consuming! I mean, I guess you could in theory eat the same thing every week and that makes it easy. Which worked for me when I lived alone. I used to live off of salads and frozen soy patties (sounds appetizing, right?).

Random Thoughts: How is it possible to accomplish everything that a person wants to accomplish in this short life we are given? I wonder if others struggle with this realization as much as I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment