Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Day 192

Monday, March 13, 2017

People: I can't recall anyone else we came in contact with today.... other than a quick hello and goodbye to a couple of the teachers at Squeaker's school during pickup. That was about it!

We'd rather be sleeping...
Places/Activities: This morning I took in the completed Kindergarten registration packet for Squeaks. It was kind of insane. Getting Squeak enrolled in Kindergarten is more complicated than taking out a loan for a new home. My GOODNESS! The secretary checked and rechecked our forms for what seemed like an eternity. I've never had to prove my address to someone SO many times. Thankfully we are all good to go now and it feels like a huge weight has been lifted! Yay! I'm still in disbelief that my baby is going to kindergarten next year.

The twins and I also stopped off at the library to get a few books and pick up a reserve and then walked over to the post office to mail a package. It was a little chilly, but I was glad I got them outside for some fresh air. What I really like about living here is that our little area gives the illusion of being a small town with so many great things so close together, but in reality we are just a small town in the middle of the big, busy suburbs.
He found something funny!

Good Deeds: Today I went through the closet and pulled out a TON of plastic hangers. My first thought was to recycle them, but then I thought I would post them on a free yardsale group and I got several hits. While I love recycling, it makes me happy when I know something will have a second life somewhere else before it is recycled :)

Chores: Laundry, dishes, vacuuming the basement and cleaning up all the toys the twins felt the need to get out this morning (which seemed like the ENTIRE basement).

Reading: I started reading Moranifesto by Caitlin Moran and so far it's pretty hilarious. I'd already go so far as to rate it a 5 star. But I'll let you know for sure when I'm finished! Squeak and I finished reading Two Times the Fun by Beverly Cleary. It was cute, but I prefer Beverly Cleary's other books such as Ramona Quimby, Socks, and Ribsy


Recipes: No new recipes today. We just reheated the creamy tuna casserole I made yesterday for dinner tonight. It didn't go over quite so well the second night. The kids don't look fondly on eating the same thing two nights in a row (unless it's pizza) and weren't happy to see tuna casserole on the menu again. Sigh. The good news is that the casserole made enough food to feed all of us for two nights in a row and then we still had enough left over to put in the freezer for another meal down the line. I have a goal that by the time summer rolls around, the entire freezer will be neatly organized with food that is all labeled and organized by date. When I look in the freezer I seriously have no idea how long food has been in there, and once food is frozen and I look at the container, I have no idea what the heck I am looking at anyway. So, now I'm addicted to these little freezer labels I bought. Best part is that they are easy to remove and toss once you are finished using them. A librarian's dream. Now I can organize my entire freezer. If I start cataloging items with a dewey number, then please do me a favor and put me in the nuthouse.




My illustration based on the work of Olivier Dunrae
Random Thoughts:My new year resolution this year was to do a drawing a day inspired by a page in different children's books. I'm a day behind in my goal, but so far I've been pretty pleased with my results. I'm hoping that when the year is up, I'll still do a drawing a day, but that the drawings will be all my own and completely original. As I try out each "artist" I find that I enjoy replicating the style of one over another. Olivier Dunrae is an artist that I really enjoyed replicating. Each page of his book Gemma & Gus: Big Sister, Little Brother brought a smile to my face. The little ducks are SO ridiculously cute, it's impossible not to smile :) This was drawing number 70/365. I hope one day that I'll be able to create my own style and original works. I've been posting my drawings each day on my LforLibrarian public facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment