Friday, March 17, 2017

Day 195

Thursday, March 16, 2017

the bruiser getting tattooed for tomorrow
This morning I made the mistake of sitting down and eating breakfast (after everyone else had eaten of course). I thought that since D was off taking Squeak to school and that the twins had already eaten, I would have 5 minutes of quiet time to myself. HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That'll teach me. I'm halfway through my bagel when I hear a loud "clunk" followed by a cry from the Bear. He apparently had tried to climb on top of the small table in the living room and cracked his cheek on the side of it. Maybe I'll have to use the harness/leash to tie them to a table leg or something while I'm eating or when I go to use the bathroom since I can't possibly watch them every second. Just kidding. Well, maybe a little.

Places/Activities: We drove to the Tot Spot consignment store before lunch (the twins were losing it and needed to get out of the house). I had a couple of things to drop off and I picked up a small check for some other items that had been sold, which was nice. Each kid now has $20 to go in their little piggy banks.

Squeak shows off one of her many new tats.
Good Deeds:One of my friends from work lives nearby and has a little girl that is Squeaker's age and takes dance with Squeak each week. And every week, she offers to help with bringing Squeak in and out of dance class or help her with her shoes. It's so sweet and much appreciated. And while I try and do it myself each week, it just wasn't happening today. There was too much snow left on the ground and there was no way I'd be able to wheel the babies in the stroller up the snow covered path to get into the building. I need to take her to lunch soon for all of her help! So, thanks peep for always being willing to lend a hand!

Chores: If you've been following along, you'll know by now that Thursdays are cleaning days. I love Thursdays because they give me a second wind for some reason. Excited for the weekend, perhaps. I race around and see how quickly I am able to get as many things done as possible (provided that the children cooperate). So, my typical laundry, dusting, vacuuming, and bathroom cleaning. Woot!

Reading: Squeak and I finished reading another Magic Tree House book. Yes, we took a rest from them for a little while, but we are back now to see if we can finish up the entire series. Squeak would like to visit Paris someday, so she was pretty excited by the setting of this book :) I'm still reading First Bite and hope to finish at some point today. I've got two book club books that are waiting for me next (and some others too)!


Recipes: No recipes today, though I did make homemade frosting for cupcakes today. Squeak is taking cupcakes for a St. Patrick's Day party at school tomorrow. She is quite excited about it! Funny story. So I use a Wilton cake decorating kit and in the kit are icing bags and the little plastic pieces that screw in and hold the icing tips to the bag. D will usually step in and offer to wash the dishes (probably because she can't stand how messy I am when I'm in the kitchen - the mixer almost blew up and there was literally powdered sugar inside the toaster oven). Anyway, it is really SO sweet of her to do dishes, and I will always accept the offer. Except that 1 out of every 3 times that I decorate a cake or cupcakes, the inevitable happens... one of those little plastic pieces or the metal tip itself gets dumped down the drain and ground up in the garbage disposal. Tonight when she walked over toward me with that "please don't kill me" look on her face to tell me that yet another plastic piece had been consumed by the disposal I just rolled my eyes and said not to worry - did she forget? She had already gotten me a bunch of replacements at Christmas. With a sigh of relief and a smile, the evening moved forward.

Ahh.... cupcakes!
Random Thoughts: Do all toddlers have MPD? I mean, one minute everyone is so happy and life is wonderful, and the next minute all hell breaks loose and they are either throwing things, banging their head into something, or acting like they haven't eaten for DAYS. I don't remember things being quite this bad when Squeak was little, and maybe I'm just overloaded and overwhelmed because there are TWO screaming toddlers at the same time, but good grief!!! It's absolutely insane! I've never seen anything like it. I keep trying to remember when things really turned a corner with Squeak. I think it was around 3.5..... which means we are only barely scraping the surface. As I was giving Squeak the same direction for about the 5th time today I almost had a mini panic attack just thinking about what is going to happen as the twins get to be her age... will I have to repeat myself twice the amount of times?? Will saying "put your shoes on" five times to all of the children at the same time suffice? Or will I need to say, "put your shoes on" five times to EACH child. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment