Saturday, March 18, 2017

Day 196

Friday, March 17, 2017


Places/Activities: Today I was brave and took the twins to storytime at the Enoch Pratt Free Library Central Branch. It was so beautiful. I plan on going back again just so we can physically see it again. While it is currently undergoing a major renovation, the parts you can still see are still amazing. The collection is enormous. I took the twins to storytime and they were just mesmerized by the story room. Large plush benches lined the room on either side, and a huge glass sun roof gave the room a ton of light. Artificial trees surrounded the front part of the room where there was a large glass window that overlook a large tiled fountain filled with goldfish. Beyond the fish pond, was the rest of the children's area. Even the details from the stone drinking fountain on the wall were just amazing. After storytime, we checked out some books and signed up for the Read to Reef program which we are really excited about. You receive a special bookmark and once you read and record 5 books about sea life and/or conservation, you take your completed bookmark to the National Aquarium to receive 4 free admissions! Guess what Squeak is going to be reading about this week? 

While the twins were napping and Squeak was playing in the basement, I ran to Target. Hang on, don't think I left the kids at home unattended. This is one of the benefits of having D work from home. I left her with the monitor in case someone woke before I got home, and Squeak was happy to color and dance around the basement while listening to princess music while D worked and I shopped. Let me tell you, going to Target without kids is like taking a mini vacation. It's amazing. I can browse through aisles of toys to pick out a birthday present without having to say, "stop that" "don't touch" "NOOOOOOOOO!!! Don't put that in your mouth!" I managed to get the rest of my "bunny" shopping finished. Hoppfully, I mean, hopefully I'm finished now.

Squeak and I planted some grass seed in a cup of dirt and added a face. My godmother had done this little activity with her grandchildren and passed along an extra to Squeak for us to do together. She is very eager to see grass begin to sprout! 

Good Deeds:Not really a good deed... but today I stopped at the post office (yes, again - been spending a lot of time there lately I feel like) and newsflash - we'll be there again at somepoint next week! Ha! Anyway, I have mentioned a few times that our postal workers aren't the friendliest, and after today I could see why. An irate customer was going off on one of the ladies behind the counter. I didn't see the first part of what had happened, but it was obvious the postal worker was a little shook up. By the time I got up to the counter, I apologized that she was treated that way (even though it wasn't me) and tried to engage her in some light hearted conversation to cheer her up a bit. It just reminds me that I shouldn't take it personally if people aren't overly friendly - they might have just had a REALLY crappy interaction with someone else. Things to remember.

Chores: Laundry

Reading: ALMOST finished with my book, First Bite. Instead of reading or drawing this evening, D and I sat back to watch a movie. We watched Arrival with Amy Adams. It was SO good. I cried. I cried within the first 5 minutes and for the last 5 minutes. But it really was so amazing and very timely. As new planets and solar systems are uncovered, it makes me wonder if I will come in contact with other life in my lifetime, or if my children will in theirs? Things to think about...

Recipes: None to share today. Perhaps tomorrow? We shall see...


Random Thoughts: While things were a little nightmarish with twin tantrums this morning, they more than made up for it this afternoon when all THREE kids played well together. It was amazing. I couldn't believe how nicely Squeak shared with her little brother and sister. It was refreshing to see and hear. While I don't see a super strong bond with the twins, I do see that Squeak tends to gravitate toward her little sister. Probably because Puff is very eager and willing to play dressup or snuggle stuffed animals, while Bear would rather climb, ride a car, or push around anything that has 4 wheels. At least with the Little People House my mom saved from my own childhood, there is something for everyone. A garage with a car, tables and chairs, and a baby with a playpen and toys. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment