Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Day 12

Wednesday
9.14.16

Little sleeping beauty.
I didn't sleep terribly well last night. Hopefully tonight will be better. I've been up since 3:30am… While on the other hand, someone slept so incredibly well that I had difficulty waking her at 6:45 (she is normally up at 6:30 or earlier).

People: My good friend came to visit with us this morning. I had offered to detail her car and install her carseat for her in preparation for her baby who is due to arrive very soon! So, today was that day! I hope that when she is on maternity leave we'll have some more get togethers. We had chicken salad sandwiches for lunch which thankfully turned out yummy.

Places/Activities: Play date for Squeak today! Squeak is lucky in the fact that when I was pregnant with her, several of my friends were also expecting. So we have a lot of built in friends outside of school for her, which is wonderful. We got to see one of those favorite friends today. The girls made their own pizzas for dinner and the babies were happy for a change of scenery and especially enjoyed the two cats and the cuckoo and grandfather clocks my friend had at her house.
When I asked why she was wearing tennis
shoes instead of her black mary janes, her response
was, "if you are going to wear white socks, you
shouldn't' wear black shoes." Ha!

Good Deeds: Cleaning my friend's car was my good deed for today. I also provided dinner for a neighbor.

Chores: Laundry. *sigh* For some reason this is one chore that never seems to end! Dishes. Dishes is another one of those fun every day chores. I can't complain though. At least we have a dishwasher (it's especially handy for all of those bottles).

Reading: Tonight we snuggled up and read the 22nd Magic Tree House book, Revolutionary War on Wednesday. I'm starting to wonder if this series will ever end….

Random Thoughts: Recently one of my friends posted one of those viral bucket list type of posts… I couldn't help but think just a little about my own bucket list items. They mostly involve traveling… Places I want to visit but haven't yet… Australia, Alaska, New Zealand, Egypt, the Redwood Forest, Joshua Tree NP, Texas, Salem, Mass., Prince Edward Island… I feel like this list could go on forever! Hopefully I can visit quite a few in my lifetime!
Avy is becoming quite the bookworm!

No comments:

Post a Comment