Thursday, September 29, 2016

Day 27

Thursday

9.29.16
Such a good boy. He offered to help put
away the dishes!

Ah, yes. One of my favorite lines from a Carpenter's song is "rainy days and Mondays always get me
down…" Well, today was a very rainy day. Squeak had a few major meltdowns today, so I had to insist on her having a nap because she was so miserable. And as I was putting my son to bed for afternoon nap, I hugged him and he pushed away for a moment and looked up at me with those big baby blues. I said "I love you" and then in response he reached up toward my face with a huge grin…. I was secretly hoping that he would wrap those little arms around my neck and give me a hug. But no. He reached up and pulled a Freddy Krueger on me as he clawed both sides of my face in one quick downward swipe. I think we might need to have a conversation about how to express love for someone else. Clawing is clearly not the way. Note to self - trim Avy's nails again even though it's only been 5 days since you did it last time. After putting him down and tucking him in, I quickly ran to the mirror. Thankfully my face only burns and there aren't really any marks on it.

People: D came home tonight!!! So exciting. This time she was gone for 4 days and it was a bit rough. We all missed her terribly. It's so nice to have her back before she has to leave again.

A friend of ours came over to hang out with me and the kids tonight. We had dinner and beers (thank goodness) and watched the It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown with the kids. It was nice to hang out.

Places/Activities: Squeak had dance class today. Other than running her to and from school and picking her up from dance class, we didn't really "go" anywhere. 

Good Deeds: I just made my 77th loan on Kiva tonight. It's a pretty fantastic concept really… Say someone needs startup money for their business. Maybe they need money to purchase materials or food… Well, they get a loan. Not from a bank, but from people because it's likely they don't have access to a bank or are not approved for a bank loan or they can't afford the high interest rates. Instead, people from around the globe commit to providing only $25 toward the loan. As the person works towards paying off the loan, the money is split between all of the loan investors until it is paid off. Once they pay me back, I can then relend my money or choose to withdrawal it if necessary. Cool, right? Yeah, I thought so too. 

Chores: I guess the afternoon drama and meltdowns occurred to counterbalance my productive morning. I fit in a 45 minute workout, did the dishes, laundry, shower, bathed the babies, stripped and made all the beds, dusted and vacuumed upstairs, cleaned the upstairs bathroom, and got the kid off to school. Feeling pretty accomplished this morning. 

One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta
from Taste of Home
Reading: I did finally finish reading The Day My Mother Left today. A good read. The characters were well developed and you really felt for Jeremy (the main character). I felt unsettled at the end. The book seems to resolve things with Jeremy and his mother, but I can't help but feel this isn't the end. That Jeremy is going to have to endure more hardship from her. I don't know. I felt uneasy while reading. I guess that's a good thing though. It means the author did his job.

Tonight I started reading Read Me Like a Book by Liz Kessler. There was a YA display up at the library when I went to pick up my It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown DVD from the library last night and I did an impulse checkout. 

Recipes: Tonight I tried making the One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta from Taste at Home magazine. It was pretty delicious. I was going to try and share it out here but when I go to the website it asks for a subscription, which we have, but that means if I post the link here you can't access it either. I don't want to plagiarize by posting here, but if you are really interested, send me a message and I can forward you some information ;)


Random Thoughts: No need to cry over spilled milk. Sometimes the universe is just telling you that you need to clean out your refrigerator. Now see? All better and looking beautiful again! It's probably also trying to tell you that you shouldn't ever place an open container in the fridge again. Because inevitably, this is going to happen.







A look of surprise and delight!

Here Squeak is holding a copy of "Winter
Dreams" a seasonal seek and find book. Her
question? "Mama, can you read this to me?
It is ALMOST December…" Um, no.
I'm not reading about winter. We JUST started
Fall. Oh, and see that Stinky Brownie is making
an appearance? Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment