Monday, September 19, 2016

Day 17

Monday

9.19.16

People: Tonight we were extremely fortunate - D got tickets to the O's game from work, so the two of us went with my cousin and uncle. It was nice for all of us to hang out together. Hopefully we can do it again soon as it was a very enjoyable evening! And remember those awesome friends who got married last weekend? Well, they stepped off the plane from their honeymoon this evening and came to our house to watch the kids for us until my mom could arrive to take over. Talk about pure awesomeness all around!!

Places/Activities: Avy had his OT and PT this morning. This has been helping him immensely to catch up. And today I caught him crawling AND he took small pieces of food and put them in his mouth at lunchtime today. He has been making a crazy amount of progress and will likely not need OT and PT when he is evaluated again in December. This is one proud Mama! Our O's game this evening was extremely enjoyable and while we adore our 3 little munchkins, it was so nice to get away for a few hours tonight.

Good Deeds: While Squeak has one more year before she enters public school, we have been saving our Box Tops for Education for as long as I can remember. As soon as we have a bag full of them, we give them to a child we know to take in to school to turn in for stuff for school. It's such a minor thing - to clip off a piece of cardboard or plastic before recycling - but every little bit helps, and with the box tops, the school can purchase equipment needed for their school. It's a great program! So, at some point this week I'll make sure they are delivered to one of our local schools. My dad and stepmom have even begun to save them, too!

Chores: Laundry, and dusting and vacuuming the downstairs. Although now that the fan in the family room is turned off for this first time in 6 months I now see that I have some more dusting to do tomorrow. I always forget to dust the fan in the summer time when it is always on!

I also secured our tall bookcases to the wall. I don't trust Puff not to pull them over on herself and have not been letting her play in her room for fear that she will try to climb up the shelf. So, now I can rest a tiny bit easier knowing that the bookshelves are secured to the wall. Now I just need to remember that I secured them if I ever decide to move them….
One little bracket can make a big difference...
It's a small detail, but it's one that I was overdue in completing. We never had to worry about Squeak. We would tell her "no" once, and she would follow directions. Puff likes to test the waters a bit…

Reading: I'm almost finished Everyday Sexism but was unable to read any more than what I did due to crying babies and me getting suckered into reading another Magic Tree House book this afternoon (Earthquake in the Early Morning). I'm hoping to finish tomorrow though!

Random Thoughts: I always think of great random thoughts but then by the time I sit down to write them down, they are gone. So, perhaps this is my random thought for the day. I've heard many authors speak over the years and I can't remember who said it, but it seems to be a common theme… and that is to write. If you want to be an writer, you have to sit down each day and do it. Even if you don't want to do it or feel like doing it. Just write. I think the same can be said for any sort of craft. I think these are good words of wisdom. Anyway, it's late so I'm off to bed. See you all tomorrow. Mwah!

Proud of himself. 


Avy caught reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment