Friday, September 9, 2016

Day 6

This morning started off with a 4:30am wake-up, 50 minutes of cardio exercise, followed by a bottle and cuddle with the twins (D helps with this too - I don't want you to think that I can do all of this by myself all of the time!). I made breakfast for me and D (which is pretty much the same every day - egg and cheese sandwiches. We find they keep us satisfied all morning long since they are low in carb and high in protein). Then it was off for a walk with the twins. Today I mixed it up a bit by playing the toddler Pandora station from my phone. Puff bounced her legs to the music as we strolled along! :) Once home, they ate some oatmeal and then we read some books together before heading upstairs for baths and naps. I'm SO thankful they still take two naps a day. This is when I can accomplish the most!

People: I got to see some of my favorite peeps today at my friend's baby shower. This is a friend who stepped in and helped us out when our nanny didn't work out for our family this last year. It's so awesome that now she will be able to experience all the fun and awesomeness being a mama will bring!  The shower was especially awesome because I got to see many of the people I used to work with at my first ever library job. Whenever I see them, it feels like coming home. I have some extremely awesome friends and it is always so wonderful to see them all come together and how thoughtful and caring they are when selecting gifts for others. I have twice been on the receiving end of their thoughtful baby gifts and it is nothing short of amazing. Needless to say, this baby is already so loved!

Places/Activities: Other than our walk this morning and going out to get Riley, we didn't have many activities. Reading, playing, you know - the good stuff. And I got to go to a baby shower and celebrate my friend! I changed out the books in the book bin for the babies and they were very excited with the "new" material.

Good Deeds: Not sure if this technically counts as a good deed, but I did make a sweet "sign in" for my friend's baby shower today. She is doing a hot air balloon and cloud themed nursery. SUPER adorable theme. I also attempted to make a diaper cake. Lesson learned. But it's the thought that counts!
 

Chores: Yesterday I didn't get near enough accomplished as what I wanted. So I made up for it today. By 9am I had stripped and made all of the beds, dusted and vacuumed upstairs, gave both babies a bath, and tossed in a load of baby laundry. By 10am I had scrubbed the shower, cleaned the downstairs bathrooms, did the dishes, and vacuumed and cleaned up the basement. I had time to take a quick shower before the babies woke up and I gave them bottles and then we went to get Squeak from school. As soon as we got home I made quesadillas for lunch and cut up fruit. Squeak had a bath and then everyone had naps. I managed to change both the air filters today too. Which seems like an easy task, but I am nervous about climbing up ladders and had to do so in order to get to the upstairs unit which is in the attic. That was NOT fun at all. I waited until D got home from work to do it because I'm too afraid I'll fall and break my neck and then the children would be unattended and unsafe until D would get home from work (I know, I'm a bit dramatic sometimes). But in all honesty, I did have a great aunt who died from falling down a staircase, so this is always in the back of my mind when on a ladder. Anyway, I didn't realize how awful looking the filter was until I changed it. Not to mention that I must have put it in backwards when I changed it last, so it was all ballooned out. So, if you have read this far, this is your reminder to PLEASE change your air filter every 3 months! I honestly think I might have gone 5 months this last time and it was extremely noticeable!

Reading: I read a few more pages of my Sedaris book. Didn't have enough time to finish it today!

Random Thoughts: Pandora radio is completely awesome. I really wish I had used it sooner… In a matter of seconds I can go from playing "Five Little Monkeys" to "Cheap Thrills" (Squeak's new favorite song). It's fabulous. When I got tired of singing aloud to the babies, I played Pandora from my phone on speakerphone in the stroller.
Also, how accurate are elliptical machines?? I feel like that if I burn 731 calories in 45 minutes that I should be about a size 8 by now at least. I mean, really???

No comments:

Post a Comment