Sunday, September 18, 2016

Day 16

Sunday

9.18.16

People: This afternoon we received an impromptu visit from one of D's best friends. She brought her kids along and Squeak was super happy to have other kids to play with (other than her baby siblings). She was very content the rest of the evening. While Squeak is good with younger kids and other kids her age, I think she almost prefers playing with kids who are older.

Places/Activities: This morning I made two large batches of pumpkin pancakes to freeze. This makes it super easy to grab a couple, heat for 30 seconds, and give to the twins for breakfast. They usually have either oatmeal or pancakes and fruit for breakfast. Easy breakfasts are a must! After making a ton of pancakes, I also made a batch of tabbuli. It's a great summertime lunch option and since we are running out of time for summer, I figured I should make it before we are completely blown away with everything Fall and pumpkin spice!

 

Today was fairly low key. We took a trip to a local park to hang out. Squeak was excited to run and jump on all of the equipment and the twins and I took a nice walk, stopping to observe nature along the way. We spent time just enjoying being a family today. Squeak and I set up the train set from my childhood on our "new to us" train table from our awesome neighbors. We just hung out, played, read books, visited with a friend, etc. It was great, but it went too fast!

Good Deeds: Today's good deed is credited to D. She insisted that I take a nap, and I did. And it was the best nap ever.

Chores: Just a couple loads of laundry - nothing major. And D took care of this today, so I essentially didn't do any chores other than a bit of cooking!

Reading: I had some one on one reading time with each of the kiddos tonight. Puff and Avy are really getting into the books now, and Squeak and I read #23 of the Magic Tree House - Twister on Tuesday. I'm going to need to find a new slightly educational series that she can get into after we finish all of this series!

Random Thoughts: I'm not used to having my hair this long…. I'm not sure that I want to keep growing it out or if I should chop it. If I keep playing with it, D might just chop it while I'm sleeping and my dilemma would be over… I'm thinking that I might try and see if I can grow it out during this year that I'm at home. It seems to be growing much faster these days.







You seem to have some food left on your
face… I can take care of that for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment