Friday, September 23, 2016

Day 21

Friday

9.23.16
Both can still fit in my lap for a bottle…
Until Puff reaches her leg up to kick Avy in the face...

This morning I was able to fit in a workout and a walk with the babies. Hoping I can do it again tomorrow to get in my 5x a week goal. Today was just another rather uneventful day!

People: Not much contact with anyone today. Thankfully D was able to come home a little early and could spend a little more time with all of us this evening.







Target in the dark...
Places/Activities: Today we made a run to the store after picking up Squeak from school to pick up some art supplies and some spices. We went on a hunt for Pumpkin Spice Cheerios at Target. When we got to the store, only 2 registers were open and the power was out. Employees were covering the freezer sections with plastic and the checkout line was about 30 people deep. I was kind of relieved to find that they were all out of the cheerios so that I didn't have to wait in that hideous line, but disappointed to think that the first day of Fall was yesterday, and already they were out of the seasonal Cheerios. I mean, we haven't even hit October yet!! So disappointing on a multitude of levels.

Squeak and I hung out this afternoon tackling several different craft projects. As she said, "I really like sorting. It's so much fun!" There might be a little librarian (or OCD) in her!

This evening we enjoyed a family movie night and I made kettle corn for the first time. I'm not gonna lie… the first time I tried making it tonight I failed MISERABLY. I thought for sure I would set off the smoke alarm (which would have been bad since we had just put the babies to bed). I burned the popcorn and I burned the sugar to put on the popcorn. So it was a flop at first. However, I tried again and the second time around it was delicious! We all enjoyed watching Cosmos - which was a great pick considering I just finished The Interstellar Age!

Good Deeds: I can't think of any good deeds for today. Sometimes good deeds are easy to come by, other times you have to really think about what you can do to help others.

Handsome boy modeling his new pi's!
Fresh popped popcorn for the movie!
Chores: Laundry and finished up the house cleaning by scrubbing down the remaining bathrooms. Now we can start the weekend with a clean house and a neatly mowed lawn! I LOVE that feeling. So satisfying.

Reading: Today during nap time, I started All American Boys by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely. While it's a fictional story, the events that occur in the story could happen on any given day. I think it's an extremely relevant story and a must read for anyone who is still struggling to understand the need for the #BlackLivesMatter movement. It's an eyeopener.

Even Avy stops playing to watch Cosmos.
Random Thoughts: I love this time of year. The temperature drops, the leaves fall, and the air is crisp and I find it easier to breathe. Wishing that we could learn to love the seasons as they arrive. Christmas decorations have been clogging up stores since August and it is disgusting. The holidays are more about consumerism instead of enjoying time with family and being thankful. I find that part of this time of year extremely frustrating.
Always a smile from the little Puff.


Everyone is mesmerized by Cosmos.

No comments:

Post a Comment