Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Day 5




People: No meet ups or hangouts with peeps today. But tomorrow I'll get to see a few peeps :)
Ready for a morning walk. I love that
this stroller easily tilts back so the babies
can drink their bottles without trouble.

Places/Activities: A nice brisk walk with the babies this morning after a 40 minute work-out. They are so quiet on a walk and enjoy the time to look and listen to nature we see and hear. We (mostly I) talk about colors, and trees, and plants, and the things we are going to do together. I don't know how much they actually understand, but they certainly listen. As I pushed the stroller back into the driveway, D and Squeak were getting ready to leave for work/school. I told Avy and Puff to say bye-bye and doncha know? That Puff said "bye-bye." It was pretty awesome.

We spent quite a bit of time outside this afternoon after everyone had their naps. It was worth it to set up the Pop and Play and the bubbles and the chairs, just for a little bit of time to chill. Squeak brought out her books to read, and I read mine while the babies were entertained with bubbles and toys. When they started to get fussy, I pulled out the tricycle and gave each of them a ride. Squeak is doing much better with her tricycle and followed along quite well. The babies were very excited to take a ride!

I know you're busy making my breakfast…
but can you please pick me up anyway?
Good Deeds: Tonight I went out to Target to purchase bulk gallon bags, clorox wipes, and tissues for Squeak to take to her teacher tomorrow for school. I'm sure we will be making more of these donations as soon as cold season is in full swing. Anyone who has worked with little ones knows you can go through a box of tissues in one day sometimes! I also went through and found a few old magazines to donate. The elementary students are collecting them for an art project. Have some old magazines you need to get rid of? I'd be happy to deliver them to Squeak's school for you!


Chores: Today I made a chicken broccoli long grain rice and cheddar casserole. It was pretty delicious and very easy to make. Those of you who know me, know that I DON'T cook. I don't enjoy cooking (my Italian grandmother is rolling over in her grave right now). But I do enjoy eating. D has been doing just about all of the cooking for the last 11 years, so I'm going to try giving her a break and taking over most of the cooking while I'm off this year. So far everyone is still alive, so I can claim success for the first 5 days!

Reading: Today I started reading Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris. If I can finish it tonight, I'll let you know what I think in tomorrow's post ;)

Random Thoughts: I enjoy writing, but what you're reading on this blog might make sense, and sometimes it won't. While I'll do my best to get my thoughts in order and check spelling and grammar as I go along, it doesn't always happen. I make mistakes. And I'm not fixing them. Just being up front with everyone here. Frankly, I just don't have the time!

Even Mr. Kitty wants in on the fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment