Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Day 25


Tuesday

9.27.16

People: The babies and I went into work to visit with some of my favorite peeps. I think it's important to work in a place where people stay positive, work hard, and have fun. You can usually get a vibe for a school within about 3 minutes. I've only worked in two schools, but I've interviewed at several. In 3 minutes you will see what a school values by what they put on display in the foyer, you will be greeted (or not) by front office staff, and you will likely meet the principal and/or whomever else is part of the interview. If you feel good, then it's likely a good fit. I knew right away with both schools that these were the places I was meant to be. Thankfully I got a job offer to each ;) Anyway, it was super nice to visit and see a few of them this morning.

My mom stopped and picked up Squeak from school this afternoon so I could bathe babies and get ready for a little afternoon project. 

Places/Activities: Visiting my friends at work was lovely. On our way home, the babies and I stopped and looked around the bookstore. It was nice to get out to a store that I was interested in even if only for 6.5 minutes. We also made Cheerios Pumpkin treats which I think turned out quite well. If you'd like to check it out, I recorded the process and made a video (inspired by those Tasty videos you see on FB all the time). Remember I told you that I would be having exciting news to share soon? Well, this video is a precursor to all of the details of that exciting news! This is just the first of many films, so pardon my editing and filming. It was a bit challenging with buttery hands and working around the camera and with a 4 year old. But it worked and I'm quite pleased with the result. My friend/business partner and I will be unveiling more information very soon! But in the meantime, please "like" our video and share widely on fb if possible! Also, feel free to like our page on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Our website and more information is coming soon!

Good Deeds: Not really good deeds so to speak, but we did make some cookie deliveries to some of our work friends. I wish I had brought more along. We ran out by the time we got to the Media Center!

Chores: Mostly just cleaning up after myself and the kids today. Working in the kitchen often generates a big mess. I think that any job description of a SAHM reads, "must clean up messes on a daily, and possibly hourly basis." 

Reading: Not a whole lot of time for reading today. Too busy filming, editing, and cleaning. Though Squeak and I did take in half of a Magic Tree House book before bed. There's always time for that!

Random Thoughts: Again, not completely random, but I'll likely be easing up a bit on the blog in the coming weeks. I'll be teaching an online college class and while I do enjoy keeping up to date with current library trends and info, it is extremely time consuming. I've got to make a cut somewhere, and so it will likely be shorter blog entries and also less workouts. I don't know where else I can squeeze in the time to be honest!
Puff always has smiles in the morning!
Happiest girl in the world!

Testing out her cheshire cat look.


No comments:

Post a Comment