Friday, September 9, 2016

Day 7

All of a sudden it seems like a switch has turned on with Avy. He is pointing to objects and saying "sis sis" as if asking "what's this?" He is trying to say the words "light" and "clock." This just started within the last two days. It's kinda crazy how quickly things happen! This morning on our walk he was pointing to everything! It was fun to see him turn his head and look around, happily pointing to every tree we passed along the way!

Lunch was also a hit. Nothing major - just yogurt, fresh fruit, and some rice husks. But it was a big deal because Avy put the rice husk in his mouth on his own and actually fed himself! He's really coming along!
 


People: My mom picked up Squeak from school today so she could take her for one last swim in the pool before closing her pool for the season. This was amazingly helpful. Squeak is awesome, but saving that time from picking her up from school allowed me to go to Costco to buy groceries, put gas in the car, and make a deposit at the bank! I was also able to "see" some of my students that I am mentoring this year through Google Hangouts. It was great. They were excited to tell me about their awesome ideas for the film fest this year.

Places/Activities: We went to Costco! Avy and Puff really enjoyed all of the free samples.

Good Deeds: I surprised D and changed her watch battery for her :) I also cleaned up crap (yes, real crap) that was sitting on a paper towel sitting on the storm drain. It was so gross. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a regular thing and that we don't have a serial crapper. I hate the thought of my neighbor's kids out there playing and having that around. It's a bit upsetting. Hopefully it's a one time deal and won't happen again!! I have to change enough diapers around here during the day. I REALLY don't want to clean up anyone else's crap.


Chores: During morning nap this morning, I took advantage of the 2 hours the twins sleep. I took out the baby monitor with me, mowed the lawn, did the trimming, and swept up. I LOVE the look of a freshly mowed lawn. I also love when the grass is neatly trimmed and doesn't go onto the walkways. We recently ordered two new batteries for our weed wacker and that has really made a difference! I had just enough time to throw in a load of laundry and take a shower before they started waking up from their nap. I cleared off the counter and the kitchen table, filed a bunch of paperwork, and hung the frames in my office (which have been waiting in a box for a while). So now I finally have an organized office! Very exciting.

Reading: Today we read a TON of books. I'm so glad that the babies both seem to be demonstrating a love of books. I was really worried for a while because they weren't getting read to nearly as much as we were able to read to Squeak. But we've really stepped up the game, and it shows. They both turn pages now and lift flaps. They point and get excited over books now and it just warms my heart!

I also managed to finish reading Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris. There were several parts where I laughed out loud. A fun light read.

Random Thoughts: Years before having Squeaker I would suffer from the worst back pain. I was hyper sensitive and always seemed to be in pain. After having Squeaker the back issues escalated after I  suffered a separated tail bone. I ended up going to a chiropractor for 18 months to help with that part of the back issue. However, I've noticed that I no longer have back pain and have narrowed it down to a combination of things… 1. I stopped wearing flip flops. I only wear sandals that have a back to them. This has helped immensely! 2. I started taking a Vitamin D supplement and 3. I limit my sugars. I notice that if I over induldge myself that I will have trouble with my back for a day or two afterward. It makes me wonder how many other aspects of my life I could "fix" with just a few tweaks. Yep, this is seriously what I was thinking about while mowing the lawn this afternoon!

All in all, a great day! I think the babies are adjusting to me being home with them and are starting to get comfortable. I love being able to bond with them and snuggle and kiss them whenever I want!
Free samples at Costco are a hit!

Puff reads the Seinfeld episode guide and
settles on "The Stock Tip."

Ahhhh… a clean and organized office!

I can see the top of my desk again!


Two read books while one tries to eat the music play table...


No comments:

Post a Comment