Sunday, October 2, 2016

Day 30

Sunday

10.2.16

Weeknight Beef Skillet from Taste of Home
It's so hard to believe that today was my 30th day of being a stay at home mom. Time is just flying so quickly. All these big plans and the clock keeps on ticking. If only I didn't have to go to sleep every night… If I could just stay awake and get more done… In two weeks my babies will be a year old. I already miss my time with them when they were tiny. Being able to hold both of them at the same time without breaking my back. Sigh. But, now there is so much more to look forward to! Watching them grow and walk and talk. Getting rid of the formula machine! Being able to possibly even take a vacation again! The possibilities are endless!

People: One of our sweet neighbors dropped off a couple of sweet treats today which was super thoughtful. It was just the boost I needed after having this crappy cold for a few days.

Places/Activities: This morning we did pop over to the Baltimore Farmer's Market. It was nice to get out if only for a little while. We got a bunch of veggies and a few gourds for the kitchen table.

The rest of the morning was spent cooking. Followed by dishes, and then reading more of my book while D watched football. Then I put in a couple of hours into prepping for the graduate course I'll be teaching in two weeks. Yikes!

Good Deeds: While at the market, I bought a bunch of burlap sacks from Zeke's Coffee. I'm going to be repurposing them in the near future, but it felt nice to be part of the up cycling process as well as helping out a local business. If you'd like to purchase some burlap sacks, let me know and I can give you the email address of someone you can contact about purchasing some!

Chores: Just a little vacuuming downstairs. With three kids crawling around on the carpet and leaving crumbs everywhere, it was kind of a necessity to vacuum today.

Reading: I put another dent in Moby Dick this afternoon during nap time. I'm over halfway through it now. I hope I'm not on the English major poop list by saying this… but I'm really not enjoying the book. I'm ready to move onto something else, but will see this through first! Squeak and I also read book 27 of The Magic Tree House series - Thanksgiving on Thursday. That's about all I could read aloud today as my voice is a little raspy now.


Random Thoughts: No random thoughts today. Just that I need to go to bed! See you all tomorrow!

Recipes:  We made several things today. One of which was the Weeknight Beef Skillet from Taste of Home. It is decent and I think the kids will eat it. I'm not a huge fan of frozen mixed vegetables, but other than that it's pretty good. I made it today so that we can have it for dinner two nights this week. Busy week coming up and it's nice to keep the fridge stocked! I also made Eggplant Parmesan. It's D's favorite dish, so whenever eggplant is in season I like to make it at least once or twice for her and then put it in the freezer so she can have it for dinner whenever she would like. I'm not a fan of eggplant, but I will say I did eat it when I tried this dish at a friend's house several years ago. She's a pretty fabulous cook, so I wouldn't ever turn down anything she made. It was quite good. So I figured if I didn't like eggplant and enjoyed it, it must be a really good recipe. D loves it, so I take that as a good sign! I'm glad I asked for the recipe! Here it is if you are interested… It's also a little nostalgic. I had recently gone to see an advance screening for the movie, The Tooth Fairy. The ticket stub was the only thing I had in my purse to write on while visiting, so I wrote it on the back. It's been in my recipe box ever since! So, I've been making this recipe for about 6 years. Good to know… Lastly, important to note - I find that 3 cups of breadcrumbs is sufficient, but you'll need around 4 eggs instead of 2. If you try making this recipe, let me know how it turns out and if you like it!
 



Puff was pretty interested in watching football
after nap today. A quick break for a selfie.
I think we both might need haircuts...

Our haul from the market this morning.

Eggplant parmesan ready for the oven!

Ready to eat/freeze!

Squeak had kumquats with her lunch today because they
came in the harvest box last week!



No comments:

Post a Comment