Friday, October 7, 2016

Day 35

Friday

10.7.16

Today began with a rough start. Hit the snooze button a couple of times on the phone and got up at just before 6. Just enough time to take a quick shower before grabbing Avy (D was already feeding Puff downstairs). I'm dressed, giving Avy his bottle, and before I know it, the bottle is empty and he is screaming because there is no more food. I'm like, "what???" I then realize that he is completely soaked (and so am I) in formula. The cap wasn't on all the way apparently and I had NO IDEA. Mom of the year! So, a change of clothes for the two of us was how we started the day! Tonight is my last dose of steroids, which I'm pretty excited about. I hate waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. No fun! So hopefully tomorrow night I will have a nice uninterrupted night of sleep! In fact, most of the  day could use a re-do… But at least after afternoon nap things made a turn for the better (thank goodness).
Tonight we ended our evening with a Redbox flick - Money Monster. It wasn't something I would typically pick, but I highly recommend it.

Puff striking a pose. She's a cruiser now!

People: Mom and the babies and I hung out during our Costco and Recycling center run, and then D and the kids and I met up with a friend who joined us for dinner.

Places/Activities: Costco - yay! There's always fun to be had at Costco. Personally, my favorite thing is getting cheap gas.

This evening we went out to Peace a Pizza for pizza and ice cream. I made the mistake of getting coffee ice cream. SO good, but I'm not sure I'll be going to sleep any time soon!

  
 
Good Deeds: My mom met up with the babies and I at Costco today and from there we went to the recycling center to deposit a large number of paint cans I've had on hand for a while as well as some antifreeze that my mom had hanging around in her shed. Just as an FYI - if you have any chemicals at home you need to get rid of the recycling centers typically offer a couple of days/times a year where they will accept all of the chemicals you need to dump. Please remember NOT to dump these chemicals down your drain or in your toilet. It's best to check your local recycling center to see when and where you can drop them off.

When we met up with our friend at the Pizza place tonight, there was a boy of about 10 or 11 in front of me in line. I had seen him and his sister sitting out front just hanging out. He had asked for a slice of cheese pizza but then didn't end up having enough money to cover the cost. So I told them to give him back his money and add the cost to my tab. I was kind of surprised that he didn't say anything, so I just said, "you're welcome." He did then say thank you in return.

Chores: I defrosted the freezer this morning during first nap. This was something I've had on my to-do list since the start of my year as a SAHM. I'm glad this task is finally finished (such a pain in the you know what). Now I can focus on stocking it for the fall and winter months ahead! Though I think first we might need to eat some of the older items that are in there!

Reading: Today I read the first few chapters of Without Annette by Jane Mason. It's a YA book. Trying to keep up my game for when I return to work!




Random Thoughts: Tonight we tried to recreate a photo shoot from last year when the babies were just a week old. It didn't go very well. Maybe next year? Ha!!









No comments:

Post a Comment