Sunday, October 16, 2016

Day 43

Saturday

10.15.16

People: Lots of people today! The babies were joined by family and friends to celebrate their first birthdays! I can't believe that tomorrow they will be ONE!

Places/Activities: No places to go today except to Costco to pick up the crazy amount of food needed to host 30+ people at your house! Thankfully D went and picked up the food while I stayed home and put out tablecloths and set up the drink and coffee station, etc.

Good Deeds: I went downstairs in the basement at one point and the basement was a disaster. Later in the evening when I went down to clean up after the kids were in bed and I couldn't believe it. Someone had cleaned up just about all of the basement. I don't know if it was an adult or a couple of kids, but whomever it was, THANK YOU!!! That was so awesome!

Chores: We managed to get just about everything cleaned up after everyone left the party. Now the only trouble is going to be where to put all of the recycling until Friday! We are already out of space.

Reading: I'm glad I was slightly ahead with my reading. I'm very quickly falling behind. Maybe I'll have some time during nap time tomorrow to finish reading my Nelson Mandela book. I hope.

Random Thoughts: Two years ago on this day was a morning of a heavy rainfall, followed by sunshine and a double rainbow over our neighborhood. I took a picture because it was so beautiful. Little did I know that one year and one day later, I'd be holding two babies in my arms. Life is intertwined and interconnected on so many levels. There are signs of beauty everywhere. Sometimes all you need to do is look around. Today when I looked around, I saw the people that loved my babies from the day they were born. I saw the people that held them, kissed them, sang to them, played with them, read to them, and adored them for this past year. And I watched my babies love them in return. Today my heart was full. Thank you family and friends for being there today and always. We love you all so much!


















No comments:

Post a Comment