Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Day 39

Tuesday

10.11.16

People: I met my extremely talented friend who created this beautiful puppet pictured on the right about 15 years ago. She was just saturated in creativity and energy and you couldn't help but get energized just by being around her. You can see from the quality of the puppet how talented she is. I just knew she was the one to ask to build a puppet for Family Classrooms. She did not disappoint!! My only regret is that we no longer work together (we used to do some puppet shows/events here and there from time to time. But who knows? Maybe sometime in the not so distant future we will be off to the National Puppetry Festival again and this time toting along our own kids ;) One thing I can say about people in general. There are a lot of really wonderful people in this world. Take the time. Get to know them. You'll find out some pretty amazing stuff. And on occasion, you may even meet someone who has some pretty extraordinary talents.

Places/Activities: We crammed in quite a bit of running this morning. I did manage to get in a 40 minute workout, but I'm still not 100%, so I doubt I will push myself tomorrow morning. We had library story time today! Yay! Puff and Avy are enjoying this time so much. Though I will say many of the stories are exactly the same from week to week. I might need to take a break next week just so I don't have to listen to Brown Bear, Brown Bear yet again…. Don't get me wrong - I love that book. But it's kind of excessive at this point at story time! I also purchased a bunch of summer outfits for Squeak for next year, and I stopped to pick up a puppet a friend of mine made for me. Isn't he gorgeous!?! I have some seriously talented friends. I'm just amazed that he is here and ready. It's going to take some serious self restraint not to pick him up and cuddle him every few seconds. In case you are wondering why I commissioned my friend to make a bee puppet, it's for the Family Classrooms business for filming purposes. I'm going to put the bee to work tomorrow! Fingers crossed that filming goes smoothly and we get in all the shots we need to tomorrow. I'm a little nervous since we will be working with kids. But, we've got some outside assistance coming in to give some pointers, so that will help! I can't wait to put it all together and see the end product!

I also ended up taking a trip to my urgent care place tonight. Fun times. I think my body is telling me I need to slow down just a little. After the twins birthday this weekend, I think I will slow down a little and take a break!

Good Deeds: I was attempting to sell some things on a local yard sale site today. I noticed that someone was looking for baby items because she was going to be a foster parent. So, instead of selling my stuff, I ended up passing along a jumperoo, and a bunch of other baby things for her to use. I hope things work out for her! Foster parenting is a difficult task and it takes someone pretty darned special to do it.

Chores: Thankfully I did get to some baby laundry today. I also gave the kids a bath and managed to maneuver the furniture in the family room so that the babies are somewhat trapped… HA! It didn't take long before Puff just plowed over the pen. I might actually need one of those kid leashes with her…

I took some time to work on coursework today as well. This is going to be a 3x a day + thing from now until early December.

Reading: I had an opportunity to read some of my Nelson Mandela book this evening while hanging out at the urgent care (again). It's a YA biography and I'll be honest - I'm a little disappointed so far. The very beginning was catchy enough, but right now it is a very slow read. I'm hoping things begin to pick up… But so far I can't imagine a young adult sticking it out to get through the slow parts that are close to the beginning of the book. That is asking a lot...

Random Thoughts: You know the saying, "when one door closes, another one opens?" Well, when one door closes, just plow it down. If Puff could express herself with words I'm pretty sure that's what she would say! So, here's to plowing!

1 comment:

  1. Catching up with you today. So glad you and the kids stopped by and got to play with the pups! I can't believe the twins will be a whole year old this weekend.
    I'm really looking forward to your Family Classrooms videos. I LOVE the Buzz puppet! Go on!! You continue to inspire.

    ReplyDelete