Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Day 33

Wednesday

10.5.16

Feeling just about back to normal now - YAY! Got up and put in 50 minutes on the elliptical and started off feeling great this morning.

People: We had a little lunch and playdate with some of our friends this afternoon. It was lovely to get out and about and spend some time with friends. Not to mention that our friends made an excellent lunch and it was the first time I have sat down to eat with the kids at the same time (usually I take a spoonful of yogurt in between making sandwiches or cutting fruit for the kiddos while standing at the counter). So thankful! It was a relaxing morning.

My mom popped over for about 20 minutes between appointments this afternoon and read a couple of books to Squeak, which was super nice.




Places/Activities: Other than our playdate, we didn't go anywhere - which is totally fine by me. I am easily worn out by toting around the children!

Good Deeds: Sadly, I can't think of anything that I really did that could be considered a good deed today.

Chores: Cleaning a bit here and there, dishes, and putting away the pack and play. We have been using the changing table portion for the last year, but in the near future we will be using it for a pack and play. Therefore I had to move it upstairs so we can begin practicing naps in it so when we do actually use them for beds while out and about the babies won't be shocked and not sleep in them (this is the hope anyway). Not to mention they are both getting to be too heavy and too large to change them on the changing table part anyway.

I spent some time on the phone with one of our credit cards. Several months back we hired someone to come and fix our generator. They put in a new battery and said it was fine. We paid a nice chunk of change. It worked for one cycle. I had them come back. They charged us again but weren't sure of the issue. They were going to look into it. I had to pay them again. They never did come up with a solution. I then hired another company to do the job - as it turns out the battery that was installed by the other company was incorrect. So, after I called the company and they refused to do the right thing, I called our credit card company and filed a dispute. Well, apparently I didn't submit enough paperwork, so I just spent another 30 minutes going through receipts and emailing them more documentation. So frustrating. But anyway, my point is that you should always do the right thing. Even if it might cost you a little more time, or a little more money. Doing what's right goes a long way. This will also help hold the company accountable. And maybe next time, they won't underestimate how far a woman will go to make sure they do right. It also irks me that if they are taking advantage of me, they could also be taking advantage of senior citizens.

Reading: STILL reading Moby Dick. The end is even closer now. At least I will soon be able to check this off my bucket list!

Random Thoughts: I've also been working on putting together a baby board book for each of the twins for their upcoming birthdays. I started yesterday in my free time, and finished this early evening. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. Below is just a sample of one of the pages from Puff's book. I made one for Squeaker for her first birthday and didn't want the babies to feel left out, so I made them each one too. It will be the only gift they receive from us for their birthday, but I know it's going to be a precious keepsake that we will go back and look at together years from now. I think it's hard when you have more than one kid. For Squeak we did EVERYTHING with her and for her. I think that every parent wants to give that experience to all of their children, but it's virtually impossible due to the fact that you have other kids to be concerned with - especially when there's twins. I just want to make sure that whenever we can, we try and do things for them and make things special just like we did with Squeak. But I feel so lucky to have them all. They are such a joy and a delight!


Recipes: Nothing to share here. My mom brought us some delicious homemade crab cakes yesterday, so we had them for dinner this evening. They were pretty awesome, though they would have been much better if the crabmeat was from crabs my grandfather caught and steamed. Sigh. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him. 

2 comments:

  1. Especially when I'm eating crabs! His crabs were/are the gold standard to which we compare still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially when I'm eating crabs! His crabs were/are the gold standard to which we compare still.

    ReplyDelete