Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Day 47

Wednesday

10.19.16

This is the daily disaster
I'm making life easier. Do you know how many times a day I say the word, "no?" Especially when it comes to my little tiny destructicons and pulling CDs and DVDs off of the shelves. I then spend quite a bit of time putting everything back on the shelves. I'm over it. While Squeak learned the meaning of the word "no" almost immediately, her siblings have yet to grasp the concept. So, I packed up a ton of DVDs and CDs and am shipping them out! We don't have time for that stuff anyway. A few favorites are staying as well as all of the kid DVDs that are safely tucked away in the basement entertainment center. It feels good to say good bye to all that stuff. I also managed to earn $37 in Amazon gift cards for turning in all that stuff. Which will go toward purchases for Christmas this year. Win. Win.

People: My mom was here a little today to take Squeak to school and pick her up. Which was again extremely helpful. Squeak had a play date today with one of her little friends. It's nice to see her play nicely (mostly) with other kids her age. I can't believe how much she is growing up!

Puff is getting pretty good at pulling herself
up these days!
Places/Activities: Playdate this afternoon and that was about all of our activity today. Reading, playing, taking naps. I also sat down and wrote a few thank you notes to our family and friends that came to the twin's birthday party this past weekend.

Good Deeds: Nope. Nothing today.

Chores: Laundry. 3 loads. Fun times. Took out the trash, tidied up the first floor (it tends to get trashed during the day).

Reading: I made a small dent in Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk, but not much.

A room full of readers. All is right with the
world.
Random Thoughts: So, I'm watching It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown on television. I figure, what the heck. Anyway, I was thinking about the fact that trick or treating is coming up soon and we hear so many things on the Internet that the whole "people have tampered with candy" thing is an urban legend and completely false. However, I remember being a kid and police officers coming to our school to talk to us about being safe on Halloween and making sure our parents checked each piece of candy before we ate it. I dunno. I mean, if it was an urban legend, would the police have come to our school to talk about candy safety? Anyone else remember this? Especially my elementary classmates? Maybe I'm old school, but I still check Squeaker's candy. Just in case. And you know, to make sure that Snicker's bar is really safe to eat. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment