Monday, October 17, 2016

Day 45

Monday

10.17.16

Due to feeling crappy, getting over the ER visit last night, and trying to get a handle on my class I am teaching while taking care of three kids, I didn't get the chance to take any photos today. I'm also still not up to exercising, which has been rough and I have definitely noticed a difference in my energy level. Hopefully things get a bit better soon and I can get back into the swing. This is getting frustrating!

People: Thankfully my mom spent the entire day with us. I seriously don't know what I'd do without her.

Places/Activities: Squeak is in school everyday, so my mom took her and picked her up for me today, which was awesome. I was able to take a nap for close to two hours. The babies had their one year appointment. Poor babies had to get 4 shots each. That was pretty miserable. But thankfully they seemed to perk right up after we got home and they had their naps. Puff is still completely off the charts for her height and weight. Avy is in the 84th percentile for his height and 59th percentile for his weight. They are both healthy and doing very well!

Good Deeds: I brought along the rest of the cookie favors from the birthday party this weekend to share with the doctor's office. The doctors, nurses, and staff are SO nice and loving there. I'm so glad we made the switch right before we had the twins. They are very close to home and I couldn't even believe that we are allowed to call and speak to a doctor at any time of the day or night. They are very reliable and always so kind. I couldn't think of anyone nicer or sweeter to take care of my three babies.

Chores: Just trying to keep things halfway together today to be honest.

Reading: Squeak and I finished reading Magic Tree House: Haunted Castle on Hallows Eve tonight. I think I like the original Magic Tree House books much better. They had a little more history to them and I found them to be more interesting. No matter - Squeak seems to enjoy them, and that's what counts.


Random Thoughts: Puff and Avy are getting so much more mobile. Even in just the last day or two, Puff is basically just standing on her own without needing support. I have a feeling walking isn't terribly far away. And then I'm REALLY going to be stressing! It's so hard to keep all of the tiny 4 year old toys away from them and impossible to watch them every second. I have some serious fears about accidents happening with them that sometimes I may be a little too helicopterish. I try not to be, but it's SO hard. How do you make yourself okay with the fact that your kid is likely going to get hurt. Even Squeak, who should know better, still makes poor choices when it comes to safety. Parenthood is one of those jobs that not only never ends, but seems to get more and more difficult.


3 comments:

  1. It's tough with the littles - then they get older and get into different safety scrapes! We're past worrying about tiny toys being eaten but now I worry about tiny texts being misdelivered or misunderstood. We love you all! Enjoy as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better. I remember the "little" days--worrying about toppling over when trying to walk, bumping a head or busting a lip--and thought I would never get out of it....and I didn't even have twins or three kids, just two. Looking back now, I feel like that "little" worrying only made me better able to handle the worries that go with 17 and 19 year olds. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete