Monday, October 17, 2016

Day 44

Sunday

10.16.16

I could look at this sweet smile all day!
This morning the babies woke in a  very pleasant mood which was fantastic considering they had a very long day yesterday. Puff didn't sleep very much during her afternoon nap yesterday, so by 6:15pm she was done. Poor baby girl.

People: Just the 5 of us today (for the most part). Not counting the time at 8pm when my mom came to pick me up and take me to the ER.

Places/Activities: Today we attempted to go to the park and Fort McHenry only to realize that we completely forgot about the Blue Angels and Fleet Week going on today. So, unfortunately we were not able to make it to the park or Fort McHenry. We tried to think of what the babies might like to do since it was their birthday. So, instead we went to the inner harbor. There was a parking spot right across the street from the Charm City Carousel, so we took the babies on their very first carousel ride. Judging by the smiles, chatter, and giggles, I'd say it was a big hit! We then walked up and over a few blocks and had lunch at the Abbey Burger Bistro. The last time we were there was the summer of 2015. It was the first time the babies had been there. It's pretty yummy.


I ended up selling one of our Jumperoos (I gave one away earlier this week and another to a friend, so that left one more taking up a lot of space in the house) today and was glad to get it out of the house. It's kind of crazy how your house gets taken over with kid stuff! We try to keep everything in its place, but that is getting more and more challenging to do! Thankfully Squeak has been getting much better about picking up after herself. Hopefully the babies will follow along as they get older.

 

Good Deeds: I didn't purchase a large enough parking voucher, so I had to buy another one to allow us enough time to walk to lunch and back. I tried to give away our other one to someone else who might be able to use it, so the remaining hour of time didn't go to waste, but I had no such luck. It's the thought that counts though, right?

Chores: No real chores today!

Reading: I finished reading Nelson Mandela: South African Revolutionary by Beatrice Gormley this afternoon. There were some slow spots, but overall it was fairly decent and full of information about his life. I think I'm going to go for a fiction book next.

Random Thoughts: Sometimes you can't ever predict when things go south so to speak. We had a pretty great day. Ever since having the twins I've been having some trouble with hormones which I just assumed would go back to normal at some point. I've made several complaints with multiple doctors about not feeling "right" over the past year. Difficulty sleeping, nausea, bloating, abdominal pain and discomfort, etc. I've been told it's likely just my endometriosis or indigestion. It's been progressively getting more and more uncomfortable and last night I ate a little more than what I have been used to (as in I ate an entire sandwich) and about an hour later my stomach was so distended I looked 7 months pregnant and I was in so much pain I had to call my mom to take me to the ER (D had to stay home to be with the kids). They are perplexed in that I have very high white blood cell counts but no apparent cause of infection. After about 5 different tests, I was sent home with pain medication at 5am. Just in time to get a shower and 30 minutes of sleep before D had to leave for a work trip. The kids never knew I was gone. Being a parent is definitely by far the hardest thing I have ever done. If I didn't have kids, I'd take a sick day or two to catch up on sleep. But when you are a parent, there are no sick days. Send some good vibes that I can get whatever is going on corrected soon.















No comments:

Post a Comment