Saturday, October 22, 2016

Day 49

Friday

10.21.16

I think I've mentioned before that it's getting harder and harder to contain babies. I think the pic of Puff below pushing over an entire 6 panel gate is a pretty good sample of what life is like right now. It's SO hard to contain them. They like to bust into anything and everything. They would rather play with expensive and breakable items rather than baby toys. It's overwhelming at times! Yes, we survived the first year, but I'm wondering how we are going to survive the second!

Puff is a POWER PUFF!
People: D is HOME! Thank goodness. We missed her so much. I think each time she is away, it's a little bit harder instead of easier. Not sure why that is. Of course starting things off with no sleep didn't help much. I also usually don't sleep well when she's gone either. The day before she returns I usually get a fairly decent night of sleep I think because I'm feeling a bit of relief in knowing that she will be home.

I got to see my friend today and meet her brand new baby - she's so sweet!

Places/Activities: Today we took the babies in to get their 1 year blood draw. I'll be honest. I was NOT looking forward to this AT ALL. D took Squeak when she was a baby and it wasn't pretty. Lots of people had to help hold her down so the technician could draw her blood. I was dreading this day. D took Puff back first. She definitely cried to the point where there was silence because she was so upset. It's so sad to hear your baby cry. I sang to Avy while we were hanging out in the waiting area to hopefully distract him from his sister's cries. D and I switched places and I took Avy back and we sat in the chair together. I sang him my special little song (It's sung to the tune of Frere Jacque but instead is Snuggle Bear, Snuggle Bear). Yes, we make up songs about everything over here. Anyway. He just watched carefully as the tech put on the tourniquet and kept a close eye on everything that was going on. Watched the needle go into his arm. Watched the blood go in the vial. I was amazed. I asked the tech if this was normal and she said it wasn't common, but every once in a while they get in a calm baby that was very relaxed. I hope that he is just as calm in the future! I was so proud of him. As soon as he got to the car and strapped in his carseat, he ripped off his bandaid to show it off seeming to say, "Check it out! I totally rocked that blood draw!" Who knows, maybe he'll be a nurse or a doctor since he wasn't appalled by the sight of blood and needles. I'm pretty sure that has to be a prerequisite.
Such a brave and chill boy!

I also had my own doctor appointment. Fun times. I have an entire series of tests and other appointments to look forward to. I won't bore you with the details.

But things were good because I did get to meet my friend's new family member. And any day that includes seeing a baby is a good day - no matter what else might be going on.

Good Deeds: Nothing to post here today.

Chores: Not really a chore, but I did a ton of work for my online class today. Getting to the end of the first week here (only 7 more weeks to go). The time will fly.

Reading: Still working on my book. No time for reading today sadly.

Random Thoughts: I've been a bit disappointed with myself lately for not getting up to work out in the morning. That really does seem to help me stay focused and keep on task for the day. I'm hoping that I'll feel better health wise soon and can get back to it again asap.


No comments:

Post a Comment