Monday, October 3, 2016

Day 31

Monday

10.3.16

I'm having a heck of a time keeping the babies out of trouble. By the time I move one to a safe spot, the other is across the room pulling DVD's off the shelf. When I go get that one and move them to a safe spot, the other one is down the hall trying to break into the laundry room. I go to grab that one, and the other one is crawling toward the oven… it never ends. My new job titles is officially, "baby mover." The pen is much too small for them, so I opened it up and had to prop three chairs in front to hold them in. As you can see, they would rather be anywhere but penned in. But guess what? Mama has to pee sometime, so the new modified pen is staying. Not quite sure what is so horrible about being in a room filled with toys. But you can see the unhappy faces here… Suggestions?

People: Stopped to bring some cheer (and a beer) to a friend who had a crappy day this evening.

Places/Activities: Today was a crafternoon for me and Squeak. We painted a sun catcher, she painted 4 pictures, and she colored a little chime. We also started stuffing goodie bags for the trick or treaters. Yes, I know Halloween is 28 days away. However with all the stuff going on this month, when I can find a bit of time here or there I try and cram something else in that needs to be done. I also did a little decorating for two upcoming birthdays ;)

Crafternoon!
Since it was a nice day, I had a moment to go out and examine the generator. It looks like the mousies have been back. I put in some mouse repellant as well as more baits today. I just don't understand how there can be so many of these little boogers!!! Seems ridiculous! We must have an army of mice out there. Makes me think about The Secret of NIMH...

After dinner this evening, I popped over to a few stores to get a few more items for Puff and Avy's birthday party and also stopped at Home Depot to return all of the drawer handles I purchased. As it turns out, the drawer handle that needs to be replaced on the train table is a 3.25" handle. The problem is that standard drawer handles come in 3", 3.5", and 4" sizes. NOT 3.25". Sigh. So I ended up getting knobs instead.

Good Deeds: Stopped at a new neighborhood store this evening called Rooster & Hen. It was super cute and I ended up getting a couple of small items. If you have a small business near you, even purchasing a few small items can help! If everyone did the same, it would make a big impact!

Chores: 2 loads of laundry
She used to cry when the babies ripped out
her hair. But now she just laughs and smiles
and holds up the hunks that they rip out.
Good grief!

Reading: Didn't have time to read today :( Will try and do better tomorrow!

Random Thoughts: This afternoon Squeak was playing downstairs and I was upstairs feeding the babies and she fell and her teeth went through her bottom lip. No worries, it is already healing. But I felt awful because my first response was to get upset. I need to be better with this. Instead of encouraging her to brush it off, I should have immediately picked her up and comforted her. She's a tough kid, but I need to be better with being a less tough mom.

Also random, but I think I might have a sweet spot for Halloween themed cooking shows. I don't want to go to bed so I can watch people bake zombie cakes. I might need an intervention.




No comments:

Post a Comment