Sunday, October 23, 2016

Day 50

Saturday

10.22.16

People: We went to visit our friend's new house. It was gorgeous. She hired the same person we had used to finish our basement to do quite a few odds and ends around the house. If you are looking for someone who is honest, does fantastic work, and is a very hard worker, send me a message. I'd be happy to share his contact information!

A rare moment when they are next to each other
and not crying, tackling, or biting. Enjoy those
bottles babies. You're getting cut off of them in
a couple of weeks! It's straw cups all the way!
Places/Activities: Other than visiting our friend in the morning, we hung out at home for the most part today. I was able to get in a much needed nap, read a bit, and work on my online class. We took a walk this evening around the neighborhood to look at Halloween decorations. It was quite chilly! The weather has definitely taken a turn this weekend. Which I'm very happy about. I love sweat pants, hoodies, and soft snuggly socks. I could be perfectly happy snuggled up under a blanket all Fall and Winter long. Tonight we had a little family movie night. Squeak really wanted to watch a Halloween movie and when I went onto Netflix to see their recommendations the 1975 Disney's Escape to Witch Mountain popped up. So I picked it. I can't believe how into it Squeak got! She was telling us what the kids were going to have to do next and sitting on the edge of the couch the entire time completely engrossed in the movie. I'm still shocked by her attention span at this point. I have to keep reminding myself that she only just turned four. We didn't quite get to finish it tonight, so we will finish it tomorrow night. Squeak is very excited to find out what is going to happen to the kids who "can see and hear things in their mind." What she said.

Good Deeds: See here? It's the itsy bitsy spider. Well, technically it's a young wolf spider. Probably a male due to the smaller size abdomen and larger pedipalps. Which is a good thing, because that means there aren't a bazillion baby wolf spiders roaming around in the house. Unless… he was one of the babies. Best not to think about that. Anyway, Itsy Bitsy was safely rescued and moved outside to find his family.

Chores: Just some laundry today and emptying the trash bins/taking out the trash. I'm a bit behind on cleaning things at this point. It was a rough week.

Reading: I read some more of Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk. It's SO not my style. But it is cramping my style in that it is taking me a long time to get into it and it is very slow going. I'm getting behind in reading because I just don't want to pick it up anymore. Which brings me to random thoughts.

Random Thoughts: I don't think authors should ever get offended by a bad review or critique. Well, unless what you write is completely unedited and horribly written. I don't think the book I'm reading is necessarily horrible in general. It's just horrible to me. Maybe if I had a better understanding of the military. Or maybe if I could sit down and read it from start to finish. Or maybe if I wasn't distracted by 5 million other things. Maybe I would like it. Or maybe if I picked it up and read it in another ten years and had different experiences under my belt. Maybe I would enjoy it more. But not today. Today I just can't get into it. I'm giving you a warning now. I've been known to read up to 5 books at once for this very reason. So don't be surprised if tomorrow I start something else and pick this one back up in a few days.

Lemon mini donuts
Recipes: Today I made mini lemon donuts. Not terrible for my very first time with donut making. Though I was surprised that after I dusted them with powdered sugar, they looked like they had no sugar on them when I woke up this morning. They are pretty delicious with a glass of milk.

Here is the recipe I used for the Lemon Mini Donuts.


Puff sporting her Adidas and new pigtails!

"Can you please stop taking pictures and get me
strapped in so we can leave already??"

I just love this pic of the little Puff! I think
she is going to like Halloween this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment