Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Day 46

Tuesday

10.18.16

People: My mom spent most of the day with us again today just to make sure all was well here, which was very nice.

Places/Activities: Today the babies and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. There are some pretty cool houses around here all decorated for Halloween. This is just one of the many reasons why I love our neighborhood. Very friendly, very fun, and full of great people. Squeak is very excited by all of the decorations. I can't believe Halloween will be here in just 2 weeks! Craziness!! I'm super excited that I'll be able to walk around the neighborhood with the kids this year. Last year I was recovering from the C-section and handed out candy. That was also nice, but I prefer walking around and seeing Squeak get excited about visiting all of the houses :)

Good Deeds: Avy's physical therapist is retiring on November 1st, so today was the last day that we got to see her. She and the OT come together to work with him every two weeks. I swear as soon as they work on a new skill with him, the next day he begins doing it, and by the time they return he has it mastered. Anyway, I wanted to do something nice to thank them both so I wrote out a card and put in gift certificates to The Breadery. It's helping out a small business and it's also nice to say thank you and know you are appreciated. Hopefully they know how much we appreciate all of their help these last several months!

Chores: Today was bath day for all three kiddos. No, I don't bathe the children every day. I used to bathe Squeak everyday when she was a baby and then found out that I was over doing it. So, they get baths three times a week unless they get super dirty or go swimming in the pool. That guarantees an additional bath!

I also spent quite a bit of time working on my online class. It takes a while to read each post and then respond accordingly!

Reading: Tonight I am starting the book Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk by Ben Fountain. We shall see. I'm not terribly excited to read it, but it's for book club, and I like to be exposed to new literature that I ordinarily wouldn't read, so I'm giving it a go!

Random Thoughts: So far, I haven't really seen a strong "twin bond" that so many people ask about or discuss when they find out I have twins. Typically when they are in close proximity to each other, one will break into a screaming fit while the other laughs. Or one will bite or tackle the other. No real loving relationship has been apparent so far. However, this afternoon after bath I was sitting and observing them play together. They were so cute as they pulled the curtain across their faces and peeked out to play peek a boo. At one point they both looked at each other at the same time and in that one little moment, both let out a giggle. It was adorable. I hope these kinds of exchanges start to out number the others soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment