Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Day 40

Wednesday

10.12.16

BIG DAY TODAY!!!

People: Lots of people involved in making today come together! I'm so very thankful that my parents are around to help out. I definitely could have never accomplished as much in my life if it wasn't for their constant encouragement and support. I hope that as our children grow up, they know that we will always be there to love and support them and that even when we aren't physically "here" that they can remember and know that we will always be their biggest cheerleaders. So, today was one of those days where everything came full circle. A day to be present. A day to be lost in the moment. A day to sit back and really appreciate just how awesome it is when a lot of people come together to work together to accomplish something they believe in. It was also a day to have faith. Faith in each other and faith in an end product.

We started off the day with my dad and stepmom coming over to watch Puff and Avy for me. Then, Squeak and I loaded up the van and were joined by a friend of mine who I had done some work with about 15 years ago when I worked at the public library. He's retired now, but was nice enough to join us for filming this morning to lend a hand and some advice. We drove to our location where we met up with my friend/business partner and her husband and son. We were also joined by two of my students who are serving as interns this year. It was so nice to have them there. They were very willing to jump in and get right into the action. Filming went extremely well and our kiddos did amazing. Especially considering they were on target for 4 hours. The best part was everyone had fun. It made me realize how much I miss being part of something so fun and creative. Teaching is great for fun and creativity, but sometimes it is overwhelming to cram in all the content, schedule around testing, etc. It is challenging to get lost in the moment. It was a delight to watch the kids interact with each other, enjoying being part of the "show" and really loving the food as well. It was one heck of a morning and super fun. Squeak was already talking about when we could go back and do it all again and that it was one of her favorite days. Not to mention that she was playing "chef" all afternoon. It definitely made an impression on her.
This stroller has been so awesome. I
especially love the reclining seats which make
bottles a breeze!

After getting home, my dad and stepmom stayed and had lunch with us. Our friends/neighbors also popped over to deliver us a little sweet treat too, which was super nice and thoughtful.

Places/Activities: Filming, taking a walk this afternoon, and lots of snuggles and reading today.

Good Deeds: If you read the People section of today's blog post, you'll see that there were a lot of good deeds from a number of people today. But today I benefited from the good deeds of so many others. Thanks peeps for helping make my day awesome.

Chores: No real chores other than doing dishes and cleaning up a little of the kitchen. I was pretty tuckered after filming this morning. I did download all of our footage and started to look at what we got from this morning's shoot.

Reading: Tonight Squeak and I finished reading Christmas in Camelot. I think I may have already mentioned it, but these new Merlin Mission books are double the length of the standard Magic Tree House books. The babies and I read a bunch of books this afternoon as well. I don't ever include those here because I will be listing the same books over and over again. Though I will say, my mom got a book for the babies for their birthday and sadly they already ripped out three of the flaps. I'm a bit sad about that, but I guess Squeak was a pretty unusual baby from the get go. She was always so careful with her books, gently turn pages and lifting flaps right from the get go. The twins are a bit more rough! Hopefully they will learn "gentle" in the very near future!!!

Such a little grin from the Puff!
Random Thoughts: Today after filming, I was fastening Squeak into her carseat and she looked at me with those big gorgeous blue eyes of hers and smiled. She said, "Mama, will you love me forever and ever?" My response? "I will love you forever and ever and ever." It was another one of those moments that was completely random and just so perfect.

I think I still struggle with what happens to us when we no longer exist in this particular world. When you really think about it, there's so much we just don't know about the world and beyond. I've heard people say that babies are now born ready. That our children are more prepared to live more so now than they were say 100 years ago. Is that because we are inheriting memories and thoughts from another time? Another place? I don't know. All I know is that love is one of those funny things that transcends time and space. I'm going to hold on to the thought that the love our family has for each other will always be present, whether we are or not.

2 comments:

  1. Becoming a parent is known to be a BIG leap of throwing caution to the wind. Might be different if we had a crystal ball, or a magic wand, or if they came with an instruction manual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becoming a parent is known to be a BIG leap of throwing caution to the wind. Might be different if we had a crystal ball, or a magic wand, or if they came with an instruction manual.

    ReplyDelete